Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Introducing Bella B Design Team Member - Kay Schnack!


Kay Schnack

  • TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
    Hi! My name is Kay Schnack. I have been happily married for almost 15 years to a wonderful transplanted Nebraskan! I am the mother of a 32-year-old son and GRANDMA to a beautiful 3-year-old granddaughter! She is the inspiration to a lot of my crafting/scramping ideas!!! I also have an 18-year-old Himalayan (Sandi), an 8-year-old Black American Short hair (Kali), a 15-year-old Brittany (Misty), and a loveable mix breed of 4 years (Gordon). Needless to say, there are a lot of photos involving them too! I have lived through out the US and have been involved in many different types of crafting! This is how I can relax after a long day at work! I am an RN and work at a major Insurance company!

  • HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PAPER CRAFTING?
    I have been involved in paper crafting probably about 8 years! I was introduced when I lived in Virginia and was taught by some talented people. When I moved to Ga… this was an awesome way to meet people with the same interests!

  • WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT STAMPIN' UP!?
    I absolutely love how everything coordinates! You don’t have to be a “matchy matchy” person to enjoy how things coordinate. I really do think I love everything they have to be honest!!! OH.. those punches are DIVINE as well! There is nothing better to dress up an item/page…..

  • WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF PROJECT TO WORK ON AND WHY?
    I initially started doing scrapbooks; in fact, when my son got married, I did one of his life. Imagine doing 27 years in a month! I had not "met" Stampin' Up! at that time! If I had.. it would not have been so hard trying to find things that coordinated well in order to make the book flow. Now, I enjoy card making and altering projects! The Stampin' Up! card stock is so easy to work with and looks soooo rich.. and the Designer Series Paper and embellishments are so awesome, making each project look better than something bought in the store! You know how your family and friends love something that is homemade!

  • WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCT AND WHY?
    I don’t know if I can pick just ONE! Maybe the PUNCHES! I use them on almost everything I do!!!!! The scissors are the sharpest I have ever used, they work GREAT and have clean lines. I have had them for awhile.. and they remain sharp! I love the papers… ALL of them! I love the stamps! I also like the fact I can buy refills for my stamp cleaner pad!!! That may sound odd, but I have actually used this same Stampin' Up! pad for years! The quality is definitely there!

  • DO YOU HAVE A DESIGNATED "SCRAMPING SPACE?"
    Oh! Yes! Finally, my own room! We moved to Georgia 3 years ago and I have taken up in a bedroom in the basement! I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to have this room! It is always in a state of “organizational need,” but I love it!



  • ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE US TO KNOW?
    I am very honored to be a part of a wonderful design team. The products are wonderful quality products and lend an ease to any project you want to make. I am also a paper fanatic. It hurts me to cut paper! It is so beautiful, I have used the designer paper as a back in a frame… as the “art”. Crafting is such a relaxing hobby and I truly enjoy all the wonderful friends I have met in this arena. This is something you can do alone, or with a group of friends! I think what makes this such an enjoyable hobby is that there are no mistakes!!!! It has taken me awhile to learn this… and my good friends have shown me how to take a “mistake” and turn in into a wonderful creation! Some people have an inborn talent of creativity… and some of us need to look at sketches or magazines… but it is all enjoyable and oh, so fun! I hope to be able to inspire people as I have been inspired!

Kay, I am so proud to have you as a member of my design team! We are all looking forward to seeing what you create!





Katie Burke
Inspire. Create. Share.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails