Here are all the details from the previous post......
I am very excited to announce that Daddy's Dreams has been approved to be a part of the Charity Connection on the Lion Brand® Yarn Website! You can visit the group page by clicking HERE. Information on the group is found there, as well as links to free charity patterns. You may also shop for yarn on this site. Would love to have "A Hundred Happy Heads By 2011!" Please help us meet that goal!
If you would like to donate Happy Hats to Daddy's Dreams, there are a few requests that I need to make so that they will be comfortable and appropriate to the needs of a chemo patient with hair loss. General guidelines are as follows:
- Hats need to be full coverage with a tight/closed stitch using super soft yarns. The tight stitch is necessary so that the head beneath will not be exposed.
- Any color and style is fine. Please try to be mindful of the necessity to cover the head of a chemotherapy patient for warmth and comfort. There are some cute patterns if you search "chemo cap" on the Lion Brand site!
- We are in need of male and female hats in children and adult sizes.
- Female hats do not need any "decoration" unless you choose to do so, as we will be adding removable/changeable fabric flowers to the caps before donating them to the respective organizations.
Should you wish to help, donations may be mailed to:
c/o Katie Burke
PO Box 1151
Pine Mountain, GA 31822-1151
Once we receive the hats and complete any adornments, they will be received by the following organizations:
- Adult female hats will be donated to a wonderful organization, "Hope for a Day,"
- Children's hats will be donated to Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Men's hats will go to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia (where my Dad was treated).
SEND ME YOUR PHOTOS! Please bless us so that we may bless others!
- If you are part of a knitting or crocheting group, I would love to spotlight your organization on my website with a group photo, along with a photo of your donation! Just email me your group photo at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know that your donation is on the way!
- If you are an individual making a donation, please do the same and please let me know if you are donating in memory/honor of someone you love.
Have a Blessed Day!