Who doesn't love a handmade card when under the weather? Imagine being in a hospital for weeks on end taking chemotherapy. No flowers allowed because of health concerns. Nothing to brighten your day. You miss your home, your family, and your security. When my Dad was at Emory, he would make the nurses use surgical tape to paste pictures and cards to the wall across from his bed that the grandchildren had made. By the time his first round of in-house chemo was over, he had accumulated quite a collection. Now, imagine how it would feel to receive a surprise card from a total stranger just to say somebody cares!
I am launching a Cards for Cancer Patients Campaign starting today and lasting indefinitely! If you are interested in participating, please create a few (or a bunch of!) handmade cards and send them my way! Here are the details:
- Handmade cards only please.
- All themes welcome - birthday, holiday, thinking of you, etc.
- Please include a personal message of encouragement, hope, inspiration, love, etc.
- Mail cards to:
Daddy's Dreams c/o Katie Burke
Cards for Cancer Patients Campaign
PO Box 1151; Pine Mountain, GA 31822-1151
- Receiving facilities will be Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University Hospital, and Hope for a Day. If we receive a large number of cards, other facilities will also receive cards! The more cards you send, the more lives we can touch in more widespread areas!
- No need to include envelopes! I will place the cards in translucent envelopes before delivering to the respective facilities so that it will be easy for them to be appropriately distributed to the patients.
- If you would like a card to go to any of our "works of heart" recipients, please address those to the individual you wish to contact and I will be happy to forward them along!
Please let me know if you have any questions! I can be reached by email at:
Thanks for blessing us so that we may bless others!