Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stampin' Up! Statement of the Heart

"To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . . in this we make a difference."
- Stampin' Up! Statement of the Heart

The Statement of the Heart really sums it all up for me and is why I truly love Stampin' Up! It captures the very basis of what makes being a demonstrator a fun and rewarding experience.

Stampin' Up! invites us all to "Inspire. Create. Share." and I thought I would share with you what that means to me.

INSPIRE:
To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence; To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion; To stimulate to action, motivate; To affect or touch; To draw forth, elicit or arouse; To be the cause or source of; bring about.

When I started with Stampin' Up! I never dreamed that I would be able to establish an environment were so many of us are able to gather and have a good time. I have been blessed with many new friendships and the strengthening of so many existing friendships through this endeavor. We have also been blessed with a fanastic gathering spot at Pleasant Grove UMC with plenty of room to spread out and create.

I do my best to INSPIRE you all, but what I find most important (and not so surprising)... you INSPIRE me!! You are a wonderful group of ladies and I appreciate each and every one of you!!

CREATE:
To cause to exist; bring into being; To give rise to, produce; To produce through artistic or imaginative effort.

I have been papercrafting since I was a toddler. As I matured, I started seeking out ways to really make something beautiful, yet simple. I could never seem to pull it all together in a way that I could feel proud of because nothing coordinated and I never had all the right stuff. It just caused me to procastinate and be dissatisfied.

Stampin' Up! changed all of that. The coordinating lines of papers, inks, and embellishments, as well as all the great tools makes it a JOY to papercraft.... and don't forget about the stamps! They are fine quality, American made, and there are endless possibilities from every single set. You can scrapbook, make cards, create gifts, and decorate your home! What more could you ask for?

SHARE:
To participate in, use, enjoy, or experience jointly or in turns; To relate to another or others; To allow someone to use or enjoy something that one possesses;

I think that sharing is probably the single most important aspect of Stampin' Up! I LOVE making Stampin’ Up! projects and sharing them with you! My greatest satisfaction comes from sitting down with someone who "can't do this" or doesn't have a "creative bone in their body" and watch them light up before my eyes!! It is especially satisfying to me because I used to BE that person! As a matter of fact, 2 of my most "resistant" customers are now wonderfully talented and creative Stampin' Up! demonstrators themselves!

Stampin' Up! has been a journey for me, both on a business level and a personal level. I can absolutely say, without a doubt, becoming a demonstrator was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Thank you for being a part of my journey!





Katie Burke
Inspire. Create. Share.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails